Prosthodontics is the specialty targeting the restoring and maintaining of function, comfort, appearance and health of the patient by restoring natural teeth and/ or replacement of absent teeth and oral and maxillofacial tissues. The current therapeutic concepts, current materials and modern equipment enable us to have a minimally invasive therapeutic approaches sometimes even non – invasive
There are several types of prosthetic restorations:
- Restorations of one tooth made on natural teeth (ceramic veneers, functional palatal veneers, crowns and partial crowns, inlays, onlays and table tops).
- Restorations of one tooth made on implants (crowns).
- Restorations of more teeth made on natural teeth or implants (bridge).
- Complex restoration on fixed works on natural teeth and implants
- Overdenture on implants
- Full or partial movable prosthesis